Important Information About Your Privacy
At First Northern Credit Union, we value each and every member. This is reflected by our commitment to service and the personal relationship that credit union members have come to expect. Our members have entrusted us not only with their finances, but also with certain personal information.
This privacy statement reflects the policy of First Northern Credit Union. It describes how “nonpublic personal information,” which includes member and financial information, may be collected and shared, as well as the steps we take to protect this information from unauthorized access.
Members are considered those who have an ongoing relationship with us, such as a deposit account, a loan account, a credit card, a safe deposit box, or a retail installment contract we hold and service.
Nonpublic personal information means information about you we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. This does not include information that is available from public sources (telephone directories, government records, etc.). It may include financial, employment, asset, and transactional information.
An affiliate is a company we own or control; a nonaffiliated third party is a company that is not an affiliate of ours (business partner).
Opt out means a choice you may make to prevent certain sharing of information. We will explain how you can exercise this choice.
We Safeguard Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information to those who need to know that information in order to serve you with financial products and services.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with all federal and state regulatory standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
We strive to maintain complete, current, and accurate information about you and your accounts. If you request a correction to our records, we will verify your identity and respond in a timely manner.
What We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
-Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
-Information about your transactions with us
-Information about your transactions with nonaffiliated third parties
-Information from a consumer reporting agency
We may share information with nonaffiliated third parties
We may disclose the information described above with nonaffiliated parties to help those business partners provide you with information about additional products and services. Those parties may include:
-Financial service providers, such as mortgage brokers, securities broker-dealers, and insurance agents
-Businesses offering non-financial products or services, such as retailers and direct marketers
-You may opt out of the disclosure of your nonpublic personal information directly to these nonaffiliated third parties; however, we may disclose nonpublic personal information to nonaffiliated third parties where permitted by law.
We may share information with nonaffiliated third parties that are acting upon our behalf
We may disclose the information described above when nonaffiliated parties perform marketing services upon our behalf, as required or permitted by law. Additionally, we may disclose the information to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
We do this in order to provide you with information about additional products and services that may benefit you. These may include:
-Service providers that perform marketing services for us
-Direct sales companies
-Other financial institutions
It is important to note that these companies are legally obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them, and are restricted from using this information for any reason beyond the performance of specified services on our behalf.
Federal law allows us to disclose this information listed above with companies that perform marketing services on our behalf. You do not have a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information.
Former member information is not shared
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about former members, except as permitted by law.
You Have The Right To Choose
If you prefer that we not disclose your nonpublic personal information about you with nonaffiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than those permitted by law).
If you have a joint account, each participant of the account has a separate right to opt out. If one of you chooses to opt out and another does not, only the information regarding the party who does not opt out will be disclosed. Any participant on the account can opt out on behalf of any other participant of the account.
If you wish to opt out, you may do so by sending us the following information from the Opt Out Notice and returning it to First Northern CU, Attention: Member Relations, 230 W Monroe, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606.
Do not disclose my nonpublic personal information with nonaffiliated third parties, other than disclosures permitted by law.
Social Security Number(s)
There's a new form of internet piracy called "phishing." Criminals e-mail messages, that appear to be from a well known institution/company, warning users their account has been compromised. The e-mail contains a link that redirects account holders to a site controlled by the crooks (disguised as an official site) where they are asked to imput confidential information.
1. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
2. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our members or former members to anyone, except as permitted by law.
3. We may share all the information that we collect, as described above, with our affiliates. By sharing this information, we can better serve your financial needs. If you do not wish for us to share this information with our affiliates you may contact us.
4. We may disclose the following information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your account balance, payment history, and parties to transactions;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
5. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations in order to guard your nonpublic personal information.